Cafés, Coffee Shops, Restaurants & Takeaways
Although we are a small village when it comes to eating out we have a few really good cafés, coffee shops and restaurants to choose from around Sedgefield - enough to be spolit for choice. They are almost all owner-run and supervised.
Cafés and Coffee Shops
Our cafés and coffee shops are mostly day time eateries, but there are a few exceptions. Check the times so you won't be disappointed!
Eating Out at Café Vienna run by Paul
1 Sandpiper Centre, Main Road (South side N2)
- Indoor/outdoor seating
- Open: Mon to Fri 8am-4:30pm (Winter) 8am-5pm (Summer) Sat: 8am-1pm
- Tel: 044 343 1234 email:
- Café has a liquor licence.
- Breakfasts and Lunches - Quiches, lamb and beef curries popular menu items.
- Teas, coffees, milkshakes - Carrot cake, chocolate cake, scones and
Eating Out at Die Koffiehuis run by Annemie
Cnr of Hoopoe and Main Road (South side N2)
- Indoor/outdoor seating
- Open: Mon - Fri 9am -5pm, Sat: 9am - 3pm
- Tel: 044 343 2001 email: email@example.com
- Brunches and lunches -favourites - roosterkoek, bobotie pies, mini quiches, tramazinis
- Coffees,teas, milkshakes -waffles & flapjacks many toppings with ice-cream and more
- All delectables baked on the premises
- Home made sweets and savoury treats to take-away
Eating out at The Village Deli is run by Shaun and Heidi
1 Kingfisher Bldg, Main Road (North side N2)
- Indoor/ outdoor seating
- Open Mon to Fri 8am-4:00pm
- Cell:076 191 6103 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breakfasts & lunches - Specialities are quiches e.g. a)pork belly with roasted veggies, b)bacon, roasted veggies, balsamic onions & feta cheese, bagels, biltong and other take-aways
- Fairtrade coffee, teas, milkshakes. chocolate mud pies, blueberry & custard danishes, hot apple, cinnamon & strawberry pies and more.
Eating out at Mr Kaai run by Kevin and Mandy
Opposite the Station, Uil Street (North side N2)
- Protected outdoor seating only
- Open: Mon to Fri 12pm-6pm, Sat 12pm-7pm
- Tel: 074 756 8103
- Speciality all things fishy - grilled or batter-dipped & deep-fried
- Desserts - Malva pudding or Jelly and custard
- Bring your own wine (no corkage) glasses and ice available
Eating out at Steam Whistle Stop run by Joe and Louisa
Sedgefield Station, Uil Street (North side N2)
- Outdoor/indoor seating
- Open Mon to Fri 8am-3pm, Sat 8am-1pm
- Saturday find them at Wild Oats Market
- Tel: 044 343 1052 email: email@example.com
- Teas, coffee, milkshakes, Toasted sandwiches
- Breakfasts and lunches. Shop specialities Pies - sweet & savoury.
- Wed lunch special - Roast meat with potato, rice and 3 vegetables. Can be eaten on the premises or ordered as takeaway. Book the day before and bring your own plate for takeaway.
- Last Sunday of the month open 8am-2pm Breakfasts and Lunch - roast dinner on the menu.
- Shop has a liquor licence.
- Catering offered for special occasions up to 20 people.